This is the record of an apple - a Washington girl - and a peach - a Georgia boy. Here you'll read of our daily events and watch us journey through life together. Thanks for reading!
.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Temple Wedding!



Ok, so I know I haven't posted in a while. I'm still pretty new to this blog thing, but hopefully I'll be able to do it about once a week or so!

For those who don't know, I'm ENGAGED and I have been for a little bit! Haha. We're having a wedding in December and my OH my is there so much to do!

My lovely fiance's name is Dalin and he's my best friend! We love legos, board games, How I Met Your Mother, Sandwiches, and of course, each other.

I'm SUPER excited to be getting married! This is really one of the best feelings ever! Oh and I get to decorate! Woo! I do love decorating.

It's been a pretty crazy experience planning a wedding in the Temple. Most of my family are not members of the church while most of Dalin's (if not all) is. We've decided not to do a ring ceremony and to simple have a reception where our friends and family can celebrate with us.

My Mom (who isn't a member) at first had a really hard time not being able to see me "actually" get married. After a couple of loving conversations, she now understands and is completely supportive. She has gone out of her way to help me plan my reception and has been a LIFE saver in many instances. She helps me keep my head on. Haha!

With Dalin and I getting married in the Temple, I've had a lot of friends ask me why I'm not getting married in a regular church. It's been a great opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them and to explain how sacred Temples are. I've even had the opportunity to send a couple of Book's of Mormon.

To those who want to know more about the Temples Mormon's go into, I invite you to watch this video. It's a little long, but you will really learn why we have them and why they are so dear to us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGN9Mg-KnMY

Stay tuned for more little moments and leave your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment