This is the record of an apple - a Washington girl - and a peach - a Georgia boy. Here you'll read of our daily events and watch us journey through life together. Thanks for reading!
.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Winery, Bar and Farmers..

Oh please don't worry too much, I haven't taken up drinking as a sport. Today was interesting! After work, Dad had to go to Mattawa (a small farming community about an hour away) to do some work. Well, I met a wonderful man named Wayne! We were at his vineyard for some time and it was so fun talking to him. To paint a brief description, Wayne is about 6'0 maybe 260 pounds.. he's a big man. But he had the cutest whistle when he talked and those big old man glasses that you can't help smile at!

Wineries and the accompanying vineyards are popular in South East Washington. I pretty much live IN wine country. It smells lovely in the summer!

After a great visit with Wayne, Dad showed me this cool bar where all the locals come to eat/drink. I didn't have my ID on me, but they still let me come in. I felt special! (And a little awkward because I was wearing a BYU Hawaii shirt!) Anyways, the bar food wasn't bad but when I asked for water, the bartender scoffed, smiled and gave me water... but he didn't seem to happy.

On the way back, Dad and I talked about relationships, marriage, dating, and love. You know, everyday stuff. Dad's give good advice.

Tonight was great bonding time with Dad. It was greatly overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment