This is the record of an apple - a Washington girl - and a peach - a Georgia boy. Here you'll read of our daily events and watch us journey through life together. Thanks for reading!
.

Blog Archive

Monday, June 24, 2013

When Disaster Strikes...

My goodness what a week it has been! There are so many happy things going on in our life! But today, I don't want to focus on me or Dalin, what we're doing with work, our projects.. nothing like that.

Today, I want to talk about what you do when disaster strikes. Now I'm not talking about an earthquake or a tsunami, I'm talking about that news you get and it makes your heart sink into your stomach.

This past week and a half has been a hard one for some of my friends. One had a baby a little too soon and he's having health problems.

Another's little brother passed away...

One was diagnosed with stage three cancer..

Another's Mom was diagnosed with MS...

And the list goes on.

What I have been SO amazed with is their faith in God. No one is angry, and all of them are really positive about their situations.

Can you imagine how one would normally respond to any of these situations?!

Each of them has been an example to me that in order to survive disaster, you must have the right tools and the tool they rely on is God and His Word, specifically, The Book of Mormon.

My heart has been in such agony for all of my friends because I can only IMAGINE what it might be like to go through what they're going through.

Their faith gives me strength.

It doesn't matter anymore if the dishes aren't done, or if the laundry is overtaking the bathroom, or if the bed isn't made.

Those aren't disaster's to me anymore...


No comments:

Post a Comment