This is the record of an apple - a Washington girl - and a peach - a Georgia boy. Here you'll read of our daily events and watch us journey through life together. Thanks for reading!
.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 13, 2012

When I become the boss...

I know that this will be the second post for the day. The end. Moving on. :)

My teacher challenged us in class to ponder about some important topics/questions this week and I'd like to share my thoughts and answers concerning those topics and questions.

When I become the boss, I will do these things

  • I will listen to my employees' ideas
  • I will meet with my employees regularly
  • I will ask how I can aid them in their job
  • I will openly ask for constructive suggestions for improvement
  • I will host a yearly company campout that provides interpersonal and teamwork training
  • I will work hard
  • I will ask questions to clarify
  • I will work as a team
  • I will keep my commitments and promises
  • I will be honest and conduct myself in a way that does not embarrass the company
When I become the boss, I will not do these things

  • I will not be quick to blame
  • I will not assume
  • I will not be rash with my decisions
  • I will not embarrass the company with my personal conduct
  • I will not put my employees integrity in jeopardy
  • I will not ask an employee something that I myself would not be willing to do
  • I will not act independently
  • I will not criticize an employee in front of others
Another topic that my professor talked about was the difference between successful and unsuccessful people. I would say that the biggest difference is that successful people do. They take initiative. Now, that doesn't mean that they are ruthless and do whatever it takes to get what they want. But they are not passive. They act. They take the lead and bring others with them. 

An interesting thought: It doesn't matter how you feel, it matters what is right. (Just think about that.)

I find it very interesting that many people do not take the time to think about any of these things. Let's be real, I didn't take time to think about these either. I am now and I'm surprised and excited for the things that I am learning. 

Leave your comments! I'd love to hear what you guys think, especially if you have a different opinion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment